Monday, August 1, 2011

Treated to a Feast

Ps. 23:5  You treat me to a feast, while my enemies watch. (CEV)

My daughter and son-in-law came home to visit us this weekend.  As a 28th wedding anniversary blessing for my wife and I (and son), they treated us to an elegant dinner out on Saturday evening.  I'm not talking a meager meal of burgers and fries.  I'm talking a feast with steak and all the fixings.

It has been a difficult year so far for my wife and I.  It seems like our enemy, the devil, has been just throwing one thing after another at us.  We're definitely in a fight.  I've tried my best to see God in the midst of all our trials.  Admittedly, at times it hasn't been easy.

But I couldn't help but see that here we were on Saturday night not struggling or lacking but rather feasting.  While the devil looked on.  Try as he might, he couldn't prevent it, he was forced to watch it and he understood that God provided it.  Through our children.  We were definitely treated to a feast while the enemy watched.  In your face, devil!

The whole weekend, not just the meal itself, was a feast.  Despite our circumstances, it was a wonderful anniversary.  Spending time with family, even for a few short days, when so many families are broken, divided or apart for one reason or another was a full-course blessing all by itself.  I enjoyed every minute of it.

Thanks Stephanie and Mike.  Not just for the exquisite meal, but for your love, God's love.  And for letting me see that, in spite of our enemy, God can and will put a feast right in front of us.  God bless you both!


Sock Monkey Snippet:  In the midst of the fight, look for the feast.

No comments: