Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It Makes God Smile

Ps. 35:27  May those who delight in my vindication shout for joy and gladness; may they always say, "The Lord be exalted who delights in the well-being of His servant."

I glanced at a picture as I passed my desk the other day and it made me smile.  It also reminded me of a fundamental truth about God.

The photo shows my young son (not so young anymore), with his sister along side, on his very first roller coaster ride.  Both with lifted hands and smiling faces.

When I thought about what made me smile, I quickly realized I was happy because I saw that my children were happy.  Simply and fundamentally, every father wants happiness for his children.  I would do anything and give anything for my kids.  Their happiness, in turn, becomes a blessing for me.  And if I as an imperfect man want that, how much more does our perfect, loving, heavenly Father want that?  For us as His children to be happy and blessed.

God gives us everything.  Especially His love.  And when He looks down from heaven and sees us with lifted hands and smiling faces, I know it makes God smile!


Sock Monkey Snippet:  Our happiness makes God smile.

No comments: